BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS

Tuesday, December 22, 2009

Visas!

Today our Visa's are suppose to be coming in from the Houston Consulate. I ahve to wait at home to sign for this package till the tracking number says aproximately 4:30 pm. We are still waiting for our travel approvals (known in the adoption world as our TA's). After we recieve our travel approval then we move onto waiting to get our aapointment from the American Consulate in Guangzhou. Our adoption agency says this takes approximately 3-5 days. Then a travel agency will contact us to book our international flights. We send our intra travel money to our adoption agency along with the fees for travel and then we board the plane.

So you ask, where are we in all of this...we could recieve our TA in as little as three weeks from Dec. 2nd but more like like five to six weeks then add on approximately a week and a half so my prediction is we will travel the end of January beginning of Feb. but of course, I have been wrong in this process before. :)

Gathering the paperwork to take to China, I must admit is a bit nerve racking. Making sure you have all the right papers. I 600 A, I737 C, I184 W, medical paperwork, promise to vaccinate the child, Visa paperwork, the brown envelope paperwork, homestudies, extra copies of passports and visa stamps, extra passport photos etc. I want to take the entire binder that I have collected with me but knowing that I am only allowed 44 pounds on the airplan will not allow me to do so unless I go naked and I can bet a million dollars that know on on the airplan or in China wants to see me naked, so I chose clothes. :)

0 comments: