BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS

Tuesday, April 12, 2011

Thankful for my family...

I am on a four day training for my school. I love my job.

No, I am not being facetious.

I really do love my job. I could not think of a better job to have, interact with kiddos and adults and getting to help them solve their problems on a daily basis. Yup, I get paid for that. But... with this four day training. I miss my family.

Yup, I miss them. I just got off the phone with Richard. My mother in law aka Grammie came to help with Eliza. Richard went to facilitate the pick up from daycare. Every year Grammie and Granddad go to Mexico so she has not seen Grammie in about four months. Eliza is AMAZING. She not only remembered Grammie but also called her by name. That is an awesome memory for a 22 month old. (Just alittle bit of bragging rights! hee!) According to Richard, they played house and ball in the yard and got reacquainted with one another yesterday and today they were going shopping. Eliza is so lucky to have great grandparents that love her. I am so happy that each grandparent has a relationship with their granddaughter outside of the relationship that we have with our parents and in laws. I think that is healthy not only for her but for them.

Growing up, I did not have the best grandparent experience. Not, that I do not love them or that they did not give it their all; but, it was not the experience that a mother would hope for her child to have with their parents. At least it is the relationship that my parents have fostered in our lives. I think my parents have done a nice job of having a great relationship with myself and my brothers.

I, happily, can not say that for Eliza. Eliza has the BEST grandparents. I think that her grandparents are a core of her being. I think that each one of them has insight and knowledge of different aspects of life that they will be able to instill in her and to help her grow. Her grandparents have a skill set that I will never have such as sewing and domestication that I will not be able to help her with. Yet, with another grandparent will be able to show her and expose her to different shows and experiences that Eliza's dad and I may not be able to expose her too. She has grandfathers with great experience and education from Ivy league colleges and the love of nature that only a grandfather can help instill in his granddaughter. Eliza's grandparents culture are so very rich exposing her to many different walks of life from Chinese, Jewish, German and the hardworking, perseverance of the American dream. One of my wishes for her is to experience the American dream. Opportunity is important which hopefully, we will be able to initiate an that she will grab a hold of and run.

Day 3 of being without my baby!

Eliza, her daddy and Grammie left me the cutest message on the phone of how much she loves me and misses me. I hope I can save the voice message. They had a great day today, going to Eliza's gymnastics and Port Discovery (Baltimore Children's museum). Yesterday she went shopping with Grammie. She is so LUCKY to have fun times with her Grammie. I am so lucky that I have great parents on both sides on the family that I can leave my precious pride and joy and know that she is well loved and doing things all for her! :)

0 comments: