BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS

Tuesday, March 30, 2010

9 Months Old

Little Eliza is still having sleeping problems. We have talked with our international peditrician, our local peditrician, our post adoption social worker, friends, co-workers and family. All have good advice and we have tried several of their "interventions". Still to no avial. She is still waking up 12 to 13 times a night. She is just not a good sleeper.

Some of the interventions include... (my disclaimer..hee! but not limited too...)
-rice cereal in her bottle
-sleep with you
-put a pack n' play beside your bed
-no it is better if you put the actual crib in your room
-touch her han-use soothing words
-try a sound machine
-humidifier
-a heart beat bear
- with a pillow
-limit her space in the crib
-give her more space in the crib
-prop her with a boppy
-put pacifiers all around her to grab
-start moving the crib or pack n' play towards the door, yeah right, I can't even get her sleep in it all night
-let her cry
- check her diaper is it dry
- too hot
-too cold
-bundle her and just leave out her "thumb" or pacifier hand

I am not going to give up but I do need to give a "A BIG THANK YOU" to my mom that has come over and let me sleep for a few nights here and there. I will continue to try...the newest is I have to try these for at least two weeks. It is not the getting down to have her go to sleep but rather the staying asleep after an hour or two of sleep. Naps are not a problem...two a day 45 minutes in the AM about 9 am and in the afternoon about one pm for an hour and a half.

With all that talk about sleep, I still would not change her or my love for her....this too shall pass and I will have great memories to share with her. Oh, by the way, my mom says...pay back time and she said that I was NOT a good sleeper either.... Huh?!!!! Now I love to sleep!

I promise the next post will be lots of pictures of Eliza making her Opa's and Daddies birthday cakes!

0 comments: